Friday, February 27, 2009

Post Number 2

So... There I was. Considering and Contemplating on all things great and small. I was made the Worshipful Master of my Lodge in December and have been doing my best to serve my lodge as best I can. This is a continuous struggle.
I believe that portions of the Struggle are typical human interaction issues or simply the inevitable trials and tribulations that most folks in leadership positions face. The rest of it however, I fear is some sort of self sabotage. It is almost as if I strive for and work toward conflict; and it seems that I do this just so that I can fight the fight and in some way cause damage to others for the sake of being in control. I find that I occasionally do this in all aspects of my life. Those of you who know who I am know this.
Even now I am forcing myself to listen to Morcheeba knowing that I don't like it, simply because I enjoy not liking it. Sorta like Bleu Cheese. No one actually likes the taste but they enjoy the bad taste of it.

Back on Lodge though, as the year has progressed with all that which I am sitting in the East, we as a Lodge have made so real progress. Our membership is Up. Our active participation is Up, and the quality of work we do has greatly improved. We have some Brothers that, like myself, have really committed themselves to Freemasonry and are acting as the necessary catalysts of progress.

That's it. No more Morcheeba. Back to KMFDM.

V-7

No comments: